Keeping your network up and running is our number one priority
Whether you're operating a hundred ticket kiosks in an airport or a few servers at your small business, downtime costs money. It can result in lost advertising, frustrated customers, lost transactions, missed opportunities and idle personnel.
What if you could eliminate lengthy downtime and costly service calls? What if you could bring your device back up as soon as it goes down - even before you know there's an issue - with just the click of a mouse? The iBoot® line of power controllers makes that possible.
8 Outlets independently controllable, daisy chained to 128 from one web page.
Recovery is a Click Away
Device failure may be impossible to prevent, but the vast majority of outages can be fixed with a simple reboot. iBoot®, a web-addressable remote power controller, enables you to reboot remotely, so you can restore a downed device from anywhere you can access a web browser. Why spend money on an IT visit or drive all the way downtown just to flip a little red switch, when iBoot® can do it for you?
With iBoot®, you no longer have to waste time or money going onsite to reboot downed equipment. iBoot® is easy to set up, easy to use, and is perfect for remotely rebooting servers, kiosks, ATMs, digital signage, workstations, servers and any other machines on a distributed network.
Don’t let network failure keep you from accessing the Internet. iBoot® automatically detects network lockups and immediately reboots your cable modem or router to get you back up even before you know your network is down. A built in scheduler function enables you to automatically reboot every morning for a fresh start on your server.
ROI on the First Use
Downtime is costly. iBoot® reduces tech support calls and gets your devices back up and running quickly. It can also automatically power devices up and down when you need them, saving energy costs and cutting wear and tear. Don’t risk your bottom line when you can simply set iBoot® to the clock and calendar, or reboot at the click of a button.
For under $200 per remote controlled device, iBoot® pays for itself on the first saved service call.
Power Product Features
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) brings Dataprobe’s remote power products under the control of all popular network management consoles.
- Products can be operated via web, Telnet, phone, modem, serial, Com port, or RS-232, assuring administrators they’ll always be able to reboot, without dispatching technicians.
- Out-of-band access available via serial port or telephone, keeping the remote control option open and enabling automatic reboot when the network goes down.
- Wide range of models and interfaces available: Products manage from one to 1000 outlets, ensuring the right fit for any home, office, industrial, security, telecom, or energy applications around the world.
- "Reliability is vital to our business. Dataprobe has consistently provided reliable, customized solutions to fit our project needs and that’s helped ensure quality results time after time. We are proud of the relationship we’ve developed with Dataprobe, which is precisely what this award symbolizes."
- Gary Clark, Harris Corp.
- "Millions of dollars are invested into maintaining facilities such as the ones on the Canary Islands. Our investment in the iBoot is a small price to pay for piece of mind."
- Matt BenDaniel, SLOOH
- "With iBoot, our operations team can access the network from their offices and cycle power to any of our kiosks, managing the problem within minutes. It's a great little insurance policy."
- Todd White, Neptune Networks
- "After finding your iBoot online, and then installing it into our equipment, we have not had to go out to this unit again. I have not only made it a policy in our office that any new installation MUST have an iBoot installed in it, but I have also notified the other 20 tech departments I work with and have told them that they will need to do the same. Your iBoot will save lives!"
- Law Enforcement Agent (name withheld)
- "Sending a technician out in the middle of the night on a service call to the facility is very expensive. Labor and related travel costs can easily add up and with the time it takes to dispatch a technician to the site and resolve the issue, the facility’s equipment and patients are vulnerable while the systems are offline."
- Peter Strome, New England Networking
- "Thanks to the iBootBar, when a box needs to be reset, it can be done easily and efficiently-from the maintenance shop. Using remote control for this type of issue versus having to be in the physical location to power cycle equipment is a great benefit."
- Rodrigo Ordonez, K2 Audio
- "We employ iBoots so that our computers can turn power on and off to the large format LCDs, videowall displays and digital banners we use. By turning them off at night when the airports are closed, we extend product life and reduce maintenance. Shutting a $7-20K display off for 5 hours a day, we theoretically expand it's life by roughly 20% - not a bad tradeoff for a $275 investment."
- Harvey Smythe, Interspace Airport Advertising
- "I just installed the iboot on my server recently and just wanted to thank you for making this product. I've only had it installed for a couple of days but already can tell it should save us a lot of headache.
- Jake England, Direct Door Hardware"
- "I look forward to receipt of another outstanding Dataprobe product. We have been using an iBootBar for some time now and it has performed admirably well. It has been a valuable tool eliminating the need to schedule personnel to leave their desk and restart a computer experiencing a lockup from a faulty third party application in a public safety position. Keep up the good product engineering."
- D Jonathan Opperman, Hancock County Information Technologies Department
- "The iBoot has made our power management much simpler. The Control Center software is simple to use, and does exactly what I need it to do. I can see our exhibits from my computer and troubleshoot exponentially faster than I could before."
-Rob Jackson, Audio Visual and PC Technician, South Carolina Aquarium
- "...I am on a plane at 31K feet using the inflight WiFi system. This is a 5 1/2 hour flight from LA to Charlotte. So I just fixed a down screen, that is getting a visit in a couple of hours. The advantage of being web accessible and literally being able to access it from anywhere, no special software, no special anything, just a connection to the net just saved me today."- Jimmy Abraham, Vice President, IT and Operations, EnVu