Control A/B Switches with any switch closure, relay, or remote control system.
Works with all Dataprobe Remote Control systems
Dataprobe's Relay Controlled A/B Switches, (K-AB Series) permits automatic, remote or manual switching of a Common line between two circuits, A or B. Multiple relays are used to switch the following circuit types:
- D25: 25 Pin D Subminiature Connector, All Pins Switched. Supports RS-232, RS-530
- D15: 15 Pin D Subminiature Connectors; All Pins Switched. Supports T-1, AUI
- D9: 9 Pin D Subminiature Connector, All Pins Switched. Supports Com Port Serial
- RJ8: 8 Position, 8 Wire Modular Jacks; All leads switched.
Supports RJ48C, RJ48S, RJ45 and all 8 position modular jack specifications.
- BNC: BNC Type Co-Axial Connector, Female.
- HZ-BNC: Hi- frequency module, BNC Type Co-Axial Connector, Female - 50 or 75 ohm
- DS3: Same as above but with special Dual BNC Module, individual transmit and receive circuits 45 Mhz .
- T50: 50 Pin "Telco" Connector (Amphenol RJ-21X), All 50 pins supported
When the relays are in the relaxed position, the Common Port is connected to Port A (Position A). When a selected external control signals is supplied, the relays are energized and the Common Port is connected to Port B (Position B). The K-AB-T1 returns to the A Position when the de-energize conditions are met.
In addition to Contact Closure/Contact Open, the K-AB also supports DC voltage + or - . Simple jumper configuration selects the switching method.
Manual Toggle Switch Control
A front panel three position switch allows Automatic or Manual Control. In the AUTO position, the K-AB switches on the selected Control Signal. In the Manual A or B Position, these controls are locked out and the relays assume the selected position.
Two front panel LED's indicate switch status. Remote alarms or displays can be controlled by the K-AB status signals, form C relay contacts. Status contacts are connected on a 9 pin D'Subminiature Connector on the rear panel